Comprehensive Geotechnical Construction Site Investigations
Construction projects of all scales need to be built on solid foundations to not only meet industrial or residential building regulations, but stand proud for decades to come. Our geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting services, site investigations and soil testing are available in an advisory capacity during construction.
Geotechnical, Environmental Inspection and Monitoring Services
We offer a comprehensive range of services to help you get your development off the ground, including:
- Detailed geotechnical and environmental site investigations.
- Due diligence reviews of structural and civil drawings, and retention and anchor designs.
- Estimation of groundwater seepage volumes into excavations using sophisticated computer analysis, installation and monitoring of groundwater wells, groundwater quality testing and disposal requirements to meet NSW Office of Water guidelines.
- Assessment of a development’s potential impact on surrounding infrastructure, public assets and private properties using sophisticated computer analysis. Where appropriate to meet RMS, Transport for NSW and Sydney Trains requirements.
- Direction of installation of retention piles and piled footings.
- Footing inspections in soil and bedrock including bearing capacity confirmation and spoon testing.
- Inclinometer installation and monitoring of retention systems during excavation.
- Landslide risk assessment and rock face inspections, including design of stabilisation measures.
- Periodic quantitative vibration monitoring for rock excavation.
- In-situ Plate bearing tests for subgrade bearing capacity assessment.
- Our NATA registered Soil Test Services laboratory provides in-house geotechnical soil testing, and their field technicians are also available for Level 1 and 2 control of site earthworks.
- Assessment for soil and groundwater contamination, including waste classification for off-site disposal.
- Pre-demolition site investigations to identify hazardous building materials.
Looking for Onsite Construction Advice?
Whether you’re about to start or have commenced construction our experienced staff have the ability to provide ongoing pragmatic and cost effective solutions. Whatever the scale or complexity of your project we can meet the technical challenges, contact us on (02) 9888 5000 or enquire online.